Comunidad Orange

Ayudar al extranjero con LTE de Huawei E5577C + Orange Mundo

RESUELTAS
Responder
zdenek
Observador fiel

Ayudar al extranjero con LTE de Huawei E5577C + Orange Mundo

Hello all,

I hope you can help me, I went into troubles. I'm one of those who would like to use SIM Mundo when roaming around Europe (EU). The first problem is I cant speak spanish so I'm using google translate to browse though orange web... But if you can answer in spanish it is better than nothing 🙂

Description:

- Ordered a SIM Mundo on ebay. Exact link here.

- I provided my passport number and other details required by your law.

- The sim was activated and I got some welcome SMS.

- I also successfully opened "Area de clientes" on simmundo.es and activated GO EUROPE

- I'm trying now to connect to the internet. I'm in the Czech republic, it means I'm roaming..

- I use my Huawei E5577C modem, which is LTE capable and I'm in area where is LTE 80% (verified with my modem and T-Mobile sim card).

- I used a default APN which was defined in the SIM (apn: orange, user+pass: orange) and also some from google (apn: orangeworld, user+pass: orange).

- The modem connected only to 2G network of T-Mobile and manually also to Telefonica O2 2G. I sucessfully transferred some data (ping to google).

- But it does not connect over 4G.. Even if I do the manual search (shows LTE of all of 3 our operators as "AVAILABLE") and when conntecting the modem returns just: "failed"...

Could you please help me or point me somewhere on the Orange web for help?

Strange is that a similar situation happened with my T-Mobile Czech SIM, which didnt connect to any type (2G/3G/4G) until I called the operator and he did some update on my sim remotely and after 15 mins and restart everything was running. Is it possible I have LTE disabled on my Orange SIM? Strange is on the SIM carrier plastic card is written in the corner "con 4G"....

Again thank you in advance,

Zdenek

galvarga
Superusuario

Hola @zdenek

Te voy a responder en español porque mi inglés no es precisamente bueno Emoticono frustrado

Te recomiendo cambiar los datos del APN por los siguientes:

• APN: internet
  • Nombre de usuario: orange
  • Contraseña: orange

Si tu modem permite la seleccion de operador cambia a otro operador distinto.

Por último, si aun persiste el error, desactiva desde un teléfono móvil la opción del código PIN para mayor seguridad.

Un saludo

Generador de logros

zdenek
Observador fiel

Dear Galvarga,

thank you for your reply. I did a mistake in my first post, the APN in my SIM was exactly as you wrote. So I checked it now and it does not work.. The problem I think is earlier - my sim card does not register into any available 4G network. Data connection is after the registration.

I can REGISTER into any available 2G network (so I suppose my modem is not locked to any provider) but I can't REGISTER into 4G.

3G Signal is poor, but with external antenna I can also register into all available 3G networks. Once registered I can dial the data connection with APN Internet.

Is there any way how to contact Orange Spain in english? Email or phone or any web page?  This is possibly the way for me. As I wrote already my old sim (4+ years) was not configured properly for LTE and my operator has to do it remotely...

I appeciate your help!

Zdenek

Astor_orange
Community Manager

Hello, @zdenek.

Not all the providers offer 4G to our customers. Currently, in Czech Republic we have this kind of agreement only with T-Mobile Czech Republic.

Please, try to manually choose this operator and tell us if you can get 4G.

Regards.

firma-orange
zdenek
Observador fiel

Dear Astor_orange,

I already tested T-mobile by manual selection. Situation is as described: the registration returns only one word: Failed. No other information provided by modem.I can successfully connect to 2G to all 3 providers in Czech republic (T-mobile, O2, Vodafone).

I havent fully tested 3G networks, because of poor signal in the place, but at least one has registered (I think it was O2).

Just to inform you - when I had Czech T-Mobile SIM card in the modem (friends SIM) it behave the same UNTIL WE CALLED TO TMOBILE AND THEY DID SOME CONFIGURATION ON THE SIM... After 15mins and one restart, the card connected with LTE. But it was cca 4 years old card... Cannot be the same problem with my SIM from Orange Spain?

Thank you very much for your kind help! I really appreciate it!

Greetings to Spain.

Zdenek

Astor_orange
Community Manager

Ok, @zdenek.

Please, send me a private message with the number of the line, your name and your NIE / Passport number to check the line.

Best regards.

firma-orange
Astor_orange
Community Manager

@zdenek, check your private messages, please.

Your current rate does not provide 4G service. Please, change to Mundo 500 Mb, Mundo 1 Gb, Mundo 2 Gb, Mundo Marruecos or Mundo Rumanía and you'll get 4G.

Regards.

firma-orange
zdenek
Observador fiel

Thank you for your explanation! I'm sorry I've missed that info...

Thanks again,

Zdenek.